Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Ocean Ave. Single Track

Last week we had a discussion somewhere about exploring local singletrack and snowmobile trails. This morning I needed to pick up my car at my sister-in-laws so had Cacky drop off the dogs and I at Back Cove and we took off toward Ocean Ave., where we dipped into the woods on an old road of sorts, lost the trail, then found some sweet single track. We worked our way over to what will become (or maybe what is) the Ocean Avenue Recreation Area, but skipped lots of intersecting single track along the way. Once I got to the old dump behind the dog park, I knew where I was so we worked our way through Lalumierre (owned by the Falmouth Land Trust) then crossed Ledgewood road into the Pleasant Hill Woods trail. The section from the woods to Allen Ave is a mess but the rest of the PHW trail is spectacular. Were I going home, I would have taken the Presumpscot River trail all the way to Blackstrap rd. but instead I needed to stick to the roads to get to my car at the inlaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment