Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Run, run go away


I guess I was too optimistic that I could hang up my running shoes for the winter as this morning was my 2nd "ultimate" run of the year. The FHS nordic team skated the pownal loop at Oak Hill yesterday. Indeed, "skated" is the key word as I think ice skates would have worked better than skate skis. The conditions unmasked all of my skiing deficiencies, of which there are many. It was depressing and I was in a foul mood the rest of the day. Today the nordic team did (running) hill repeat loops on Blackstrap. Tim Follo and I led the way with 7 laps. It was good; I love hill repeats. But skiing downhill after a hard climb is way more fun than running downhill after a hard climb, so I'm ready for tonight's predicted snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment