Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Been there done that

Cacky and I have been in Seattle for a few days and have missed all the fun at home, including the BruBreakerUffle or whatever it's called, the final DINK memorial run, the Trash run, and the pain in the rain. But we did enjoy Pike and Elysian brew pubs, one 160 draft taproom, coffee eden, Gearhead Nirvana, and much else. My three runs along the waterfront were uneventful if not forgettable. On Friday, I was up and in the lobby surfing the internet by 4:30AM. I waited until 6:30 to sneak out for a run. In the cold rain. The way running should be...in Seattle. Saturday and Sunday were more of the same except that it wasn't raining. The run to the waterfront is down a big hill and with lots of zig-zagging through the city while trying to catch green lights. Cities suck. The first mile on the waterfront was on concrete. Just past the really fun SAM sculpture park, the concrete turns to blacktop and winds through a narrow grass park. We did have a gorgeously sunny afternoon today after I got out of my meeting and we had lunch at a little park at Pike Place with a stunning view of Mt. Rainier and the Olympic peninsula. I found it hard to not keep looking at Rainier; it's simply stunning in it's isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment