Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

It's Monday - BC on Blackstrap must be on the schedule



Another Monday, another fresh dump. Or mini-dump, at least. The radar has been interesting today and I'm guessing snow totals will vary wildly. I hope Pineland got some of this because it needs it.

For the Rangeley Lakes Loppet weekend, Cacky and I stayed in Rangeley with neighbor John and Neighbor Sarah and their kids and friends Hugh and Colleen Coxe and their kids. Our kids stayed home and gamed all weekend although Sam did get out on his snowboard jump. After the Loppet on Saturday, the plan was some downhill (snowboarding in my case) on Sunday but the weather over Saddleback was nasty, alternating between wet, wet, snow and even rain. So we left Rangeley by 11AM and John, Hugh and I agreed to ski Pineland instead. I wanted to use yesterday as a recovery ski but I chose to classic instead of skate because my skate boots were still dripping with sweat. Striding was really, really slow on the wet surface. I hadn't glide waxed my classic skis since the temperature was in the 20s and they showed it. I used the uphills to really work on my kick, like I saw the Bates skiers do last week. No bad but I still had to get out of the track a few times. John and I didn't run into Hugh until after the ski, but we all had a nice drink and Debbie's cookie together in the Market. After the ski, I was really, really, tired, went to bed at 9:30PM and didn't get out of bed until a little after 8AM. That's pretty unusual for me but I guess I needed the sleep.

Since today is Monday, it snowed and that means BC skiing with the dogs. We had a nice 6K ski on Blackstrap Hill. The dogs were off-leash on the trails but not Hardy Rd. Hardy Rd. had not been plowed all day and I kept the skis on and had the dogs pull me down the road to my car. It's about 200 yards from the trail head to the car parking area and is all downhill. The dogs loved it, but not as much as I.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.....dogsledding with out a sled.....sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete