Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Detox

Anyone know where Skier's Anonymous might be meeting soon? I skied 26+K at Great Glen with a friend yesterday. A nice easy ski - no hammering the up hills although we did hammer all the down hills. The snow was fast but very, very edgeable. Hero snow. What other sport combines such an awesome workout with the mad adrenaline rush of speed?

But Great Glen closed yesterday. Rangeley closed yesterday. The Balsams closed Saturday. But at least Rangeley allows skiing on the trails post-season. Good for them! Now we're having yet another epic rain. How many hundred year floods has the Presumpscot R. had this spring? Four? So i'm stressed. Will there be any snow next weekend? Rangeley? Sugarloaf? I need my fix. I don't want it to end. Should I buy a ticket to Sweden and go ski a glacier? Or Argentina?

5 comments:

  1. Jeff, I'm glad to hear that you've admitted the problem, that's the first step. Remember, talk to your sponsor and stay away from sketchy neighborhoods and dealers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the dealers are having 30% off sales at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prospect Mt outside Bennington VT still open, but it's gonna warm up there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not been to Prospect; thanks for the tip. I'm surprised SW VT still has snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prospect is a kind of unique microclimate. That having been said, Easter Sunday was their last day and it was good.

    Best regards,

    ReplyDelete